Monday, April 18, 2011

Lazy/Busy me

Ok so i know i have been super slack with the blog updates. My only excuse is that im having an AWESOME time here in Guatemala.


I know i have a bit of backtracking to do to update you all but im going to try and keep them short and sweet.
For your sanity and mine.

So here goes.....

BELIZE

Belize was very bitter/sweet for me. My first night there was spent in Orange Walk where it ws necessary for me to literally lock myself in my hotel room for the whole night and catch the first bus out in the morning. Not a great town and i certainly wont be in a rush to go back any time soon.
My planning soon paid off though when i arrived the beautiful Carribean island, Caye Caulker.
I couldnt have asked for a more amazing place to chill out for a few days if i tried. I even got to tick off a thing from my ´bucket list´. I was lucky enough to go out snorkelling with sharks and rays. Something i do back home but with reef sharks... Here it was pretty impressive... AND SCARY. Lots of fun! I met some really cool people i hung out for a while. Found and awesome reggae bar ( i can hear your hearts break now lol) and danced (as Sarah would put it) my face off!
Unfortunately towards the end of my stay on Caye Caulker i started feeling pretty sick. Usual travel belly but on heat.

I left Caye Caulker for the mainland again and on to San Ignacio.San Ignacio was just meant to be a stop on the way to the Guatemalan border. Unfortunately i spent more time than i had hoped as the sickness escalated to the point i was in hospital. After a long wait at the hospital, not because it was busy but because there were NO DOCTORS there (yes AT the hospital) i came out a few days later feeling much better. So i thought. More to be explained later.
I did get to see an iguana exhibit there and hold the freaky things. Those who know me well know how much i deslike any reptile.This was a big move.I was shitting myself lol
I hung out with some old friends from Caye Caulker (and by old i mean i had known them for a week lol) and tried to recover before i went back into a Spanish speaking country. My plan panned out and i took off the following day.

I know i just summed up a whole country in one go but with so much to catch you all up on, it seems the only appropriate way. I dont want to bore you all with the details but just give you a taste of my life over here.

SPECIAL SURPRISE...... Ill be home before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment