Sunday, May 1, 2011

San Pedro

WOW!!!!

I can´t believe i have been here for a month already. It feels like only a week. A lot has happened in this month though... for instance i can now even hold a conversation in spanish... something i though would take me a lot longer than 4 weeks.

I´ve made some very good friends here who i definately wont ever forget. My teacher at the school i attend is super awesome and someone who has kept me sane around this crazy place. I definately am very greatful for my other friend Oliver who has been here the whole time as well. Things would be a lot more intense without some normality around me. These Guatemalans can get crazy ;)

Usually my days are filled with classes during the week. In the morning i learn spanish and in the afternoon i teach english to local children. I love it so much!


······················actually 2 weeks have past since i started writing this post. UPDATES

I´ve now left San Pedro but am still cruisin around Guatemala at the moment.

Highlights in San Pedro;
  • meeting lots of amazing people
  • my brithday party (from what i remember)
  • cooking dinner with my homestay family
  • TIGO fest with Shakira, Don Omar and Chino y Nacho
  • getting my butt whipped at pool  LOTS
  • sunday bbq at the pool
  • visiting all the little side towns
  • Semana Santa.....waking up at 3am to make the carpets for the procession with my homestay family
  • classes with Maribel
  • so so so many more but im pushed for time at the moment
Saying goodbye to everyone in town sucked A LOT but it was necessary. On the move now for another few weeks and then making my way back to Aus. Should be there in about 3 weeks! Get ready for THE RETURN lol

So far this week i have already managed to visit Chichi markets, Coban, Semuc Champey and now am in Livingston. Unfortunately bloody sick again which is not great in 40 degree heat. Sucking it up though. Nothing will destroy the last few weeks of my trip.

Sorry for the short update. I know its been a while but physically cant do a lot in this moment. Struggling to sit on the chair upright let alone keep typing.

Just know i miss you all and will see most of you pretty soon.

Lots of love
Tam xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment